Welcome to Health MoodleMoot 2014
The conference will be held on Thursday 27 and Friday 28 November, 2014, at the Clinical Education Centre, Sydney Adventist Hospital (185 Fox Valley Road, Wahroonga) Sydney.
The first ever Health MoodleMoot in Australia, is proudly co-presented by Sydney Adventist Hospital (SAH), also known as ‘The San’, and by Pukunui Technology.
The success of MoodleMoots is based on the opportunity for like-minded educators to be able to network in an encouraging and relaxing environment, as well as participate in an outstanding conference program. We envisage that the Health MoodleMoot 2014 will excel in both areas. With this in mind we are limiting both presentation and registration slots so as to ensure both a high quality of speaker and a relaxed, un-cramped fun atmosphere.
The theme for the inaugural Health MoodleMoot is “Moodle and Innovation in Healthcare Education”.
The aim of the theme is to showcase successful implementations of Moodle, and related technologies and approaches, that promote exploration, simulation, sharing and collaboration in healthcare education. We hope for this program to cover both Educator and Staff focused solutions that may include, but not be limited to:
- staff capability programs and compliance training
- peer review and mentorship, and reflective e- learning
- use of Moodle to augment face-to-face learning, sharing and assessment
- instructional design strategies for crafting the appropriate learning experience
- methods of increasing learner interest and participation using eLearning
- innovative tools and teaching practices that provide exploratory and simulation opportunities for staff and clinical students
- collaborative and social learning tools, including webinars, telemedicine and social media
- digital authoring tools, video-resources, and repositories to create, find, share and manage resources
Interested in Presenting? Click here
- Call for presentations open – mid June 2014
- Earlybird registration opens – mid June 2014
- Presentations submissions close – 25 August 2014
- Presentation notification – 1 September 2014
- Preliminary program finalised – Sept 2014
- Earlybird registration closes - 9th Oct 2014
- Registration closes – 12 November 2014